Yay for Friday Finishes!
|In progress, with my homemade bunny chart|
I had a couple of Luna Notte strips left on my cutting table after the last quilt, and decided to go ahead and use them up. I also had a leftover bit of Kona Cream, and a big enough batting scrap for a wall hanging. I ran out of cream thread on the final border, so while I'd like to say this quilt was free, I had to spring for a new spool. Oh well. Almost free.
I looked online for a cross-stitch or knitting chart for the bunny, but I couldn't find one that translated well, and was the size I wanted, so I printed out some graph paper and made my own. I tried to keep it within a 10x10 square, but that little ear just popped out, so I went with 10x11, and then added a plain border, and a pieced one with my leftover squares.
All the quilt squares are 2.5 inches, my HST's were done using the trim method (since I only had 2.5" strips), but I did cheat and use a couple of longer cream strips in the background.
I used a brighter white for the tail, but it's kind of hard to see in the photos.
We've had a lot of snow (hey, for Georgia; don't laugh), and I am very ready for spring. Even though Easter is a good bit away, I think I'm going to hang this one up early.
While I was at it, I also bound the crumb block from the last quilt to make a new pot holder. I used my Clover clips for the first time to machine bind. I always hand sew my binding because even with the most careful pinning, something inevitably slips. But with the clips, it turned out perfectly (no paid endorsement, here!) I stitched in the ditch from the front, so that is all done without looking on the green side. This is the first time that I haven't had a slip or a wonky stitch, and there was 3 layers of batting in that puppy! Not sure if I'm ready to do a whole quilt that way, but I would definitely do a wall hanging, and don't think I'll ever hand sew another pot holder.
Well, that's all I've got, Happy Friday!