|Looking a little lumpy with all those bags stuffed in it.|
I used my serger for the final seam, but I don't love it. At the top around the elastic, it's bulky. I plan on making another one (or two, or three), and will change that next time. I'll probably still serge the inside, just stop before the end.
But, it's perfectly useful, and headed for the back seat. Now the trick is training them on how to use it.
My second finish is a little knitting project that took much longer than it should have. It got lost in my knitting pile. The Asheville Hat!
Malabrigo is soft, washes well, has lovely colors, but one of my favorite things about it, is how much I always have left over! I think I've got enough for mitts or maybe a small cowl. Love that.
Next up, a little Triple Zip pouch for my Nana's birthday (shhh...I just mailed it.) I used an alternate method for the last seam, since I had some trouble last time. It's similar to my regular pouch making method, and went a bit more smoothly.
And finally; impulse-buy fabric, a couple zippers, and three boys out ice skating; equals a perfect storm for some new couch pillows!
The stripe was a result of me being cheap and only buying *just* enough for two pillows. I had to center the medallions, and ended up a bit short on doing solid fronts and backs.
I also tried a new zipper method. I basted the opening, applied the zipper to the back, and then removed the basting. I liked it, but on the bottom of a pillow like this, where it naturally folds open, a small flap may have been neater.
No doubt they'll need replacing before too long, anyway! Pillows don't spend much time on the sofa here.
That's it for this week. Happy Friday!
Linking up to finish it up Friday @ crazymomquilts