I saw the first block for Diary of a Quilter's Virtual Quilting Bee earlier this morning, and then got out some Farmer's Wife blocks to work on. But while I was rummaging through my bins, I came along this stack of Hometown charms, and some Urban Cowgirl I had put with it, and that star block was calling my name.
So, I have begun yet another new project.
Even though I've made this block before, I usually don't take the time to trim all of my HST's. But for this one, I decided to do it the "right" way. I admit, it did come together well. However, as I was cruising along, I accidentally trimmed the top right block on the wrong side! Ooops! It's a little short (~1/16"), but it'll work out into the seam allowances. I made sure the points still ended up in the right spot. I would have cut another one, but I used 2 of my 5" charms (3" x 3" each), and didn't have extras.